Flesh-eating bacteria is a kind of organism that destroys everything in its way. Once you are contaminated by it, it will be very lucky if you are alive. A few days ago, a man went crabbing with his family but things did not go the way they thought. After getting some crabs and going only a little inside the water, the whole family returned home to enjoy dinner. Then Gary Evans, the man of the house went sleeping, only to wake up the next morning, not being able to move both of his legs.
BREAKING NEWS: 📽️ Texas man of 6 Dies of Flesh-Eating Bacteria Despite Never Going in the Water.
Gary Evans never went for a swim during a trip with his wife to Magnolia Beach in Texas, along the Gulf of Mexico, but a day spent crabbing he contracted a flesh-eating bacteria. pic.twitter.com/K0dlQsWLc0
— KINGDOMOFGOD (@JesusComing2033) July 18, 2019
He noticed that they were swollen and so they took him to the hospital. After a couple of analysis, the doctors started treating him for Vibrio and confirmed the bacteria infection hours later. It was the next day that the bacteria started manifesting and his legs started to have blisters. This is because this type of bacteria start terminating the cells and the muscles and it affects the skin too. After some time of treatment, the doctors notified his family, that Gary would not be able to live more than 72 hours.
My stepfather unfortunately caught vibrio virus, here in Victoria, tx ( flesh eating disease from the gulf). You did a story about him, will you please share the GoFundMe acct. and trying to raise money for his expenses.
thank you https://t.co/vo1exmZptS
— shaneholden (@sholden0729) July 16, 2019
They were devastated and the doctors were right. During that time of period, Gary was admitted to an operation, but there was nothing the doctors could do. The bacteria spread across his organs and liver together with kidneys. It went into his lungs and then in his bloodstream where it started to eliminate his veins. Just one trip to the Gulf of Mexico it was enough to end Gary’s life. This just shows how fragile and short is the duration of human bodies.