It was early morning in New Albany, Ohio when a stressed mother was heading off to work. The weather was very hot at 86 degrees Fahrenheit, which is common in between all the heat waves of this summer.
The mom had to drop off her elder daughter at daycare and then drop off her 3-month-old baby son to a different daycare.
However, it became a day of sorrow and sadness soon after…
After dropping off her daughter, her baby son was asleep in his back seat, she had completely forgotten about him.
At around 4:30 pm, she returned to her car. As she opened the door, she smelt something weird. Although she was confused at first, she immediately realised her fata mistake. Her 3-month-old soon had died after being scorched by the sun in the car throughout the day.
Paramedics quickly arrived to the car; however, little Aiden was already dea.
According to WAVE3, Aaron Turner was the father of little Aiden, he told WAVE3 “She said she opened the car door and was like, ‘What is that smell?’ and she noticed Aiden was still in the back seat.”
Little angel Aiden was declared dead by Baptist Floys Hospital.
The devastated father told WLKY “I still don’t understand how that happened. Obviously, it happens. It just happened in my family. It doesn’t get any closer to home than this.”
We always hear stories like this, but we always brush it off and say it’s unbelievable, but in reality, it happens more often than we think.
Approximately 37 children in the US die each year after being left in hot cards. In 2017, 43 children were reported dead and in the year 2018, 29 have died so far, according to KidsAndCars.org.
Please Share the article so that more people understand that this is a serious issue.