(Update )You have one of these in your house and you will not believe the danger it poses to your children.

We live in a time when everyone is glued to their smartphones, we use them for many things so it is normal to leave the phone charger plugged in anywhere at home. But if you have a child you have to be very careful with household items, children are very curious and they tend to grab almost anything!

What happened to this 19-month-old baby girl will never be forgotten by her mother…

Courtney N. Davis is a normal loving mom from Glasgow, Kentucky. On September 28th, 2017 her 19-month-old daughter Gabby, grabbed the phone charger and put it in her mouth. The result was a terrible electric burn that left the corner of the child´s mouth white and grey as it can be seen in the following photo:

Shocking huh? Fortunately, it seems that little Gabby didn´t experience any pain but the burn left a really bad mark on the little girl´s lips that got worse and worse over the next few days!

Day4

By day 6, after the burn, the wound looked terrible; Gabby would need plastic surgery…

Courtney said that any other day, her charger would have been plugged in out of reach of her little girl but due to a lot of stuff going on that day, she didn’t have time to move it, it only took a few seconds for Gabby to get burned.

The mother also said:“She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it. The one day it isn’t moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn. She doesn’t feel it thank God hasn’t acted like it bothers her at all.”

 

Courtney felt that this was something that could actually happen to any other parent so she decided to post a message about it on Facebook to warn people about the dangers of phone chargers. The post went viral and thousands of people have shared it!

UPDATE

Her mouth has healed, she is under the care of a plastic surgeon out of Louisville, KY. And he has been amazing with her care. She has undergone 3 laser procedures to reduce scar tissue, which the laser procedures have reduced it so far by 60%. She will undergo a 4th laser procedure later this month. Here are a couple pictures of what her mouth looks like now. She’s healthy and happy and most people don’t realize she has a scar until she opens her mouth.

Courtney is looking amazing!

So remember if you have a child at home do not ever leave the phone charger plugged in and easily reached! SHARE so people know the potential dangers.

5K Shares